If you decide to start your blog no later start it now. Now you
1. Choose a blogging platform:
There are many blog platforms around the world. Some of them are WordPress.org, WordPress.com, Weebly.com, Wix.com, Blogger.com etc. But all of them are not free and easy. In the all CMS WordPress is the best blog platform in the world.
WordPress is an open source and free blog, website or app making software worldwide. More than 28% of website/blogs are created by this CMS platform.
You can choose a theme among million of WordPress theme around the world. You will get thousands of free theme in the WordPress theme directory. If you have a budget you can get the best theme in many pro theme marketplace around the world.
You’ll be able to add any feature with your blog/web/e-commerce site using million of the plugin. Using plugin you can add different social sharing button, payment system, showcase, portfolio and so on.
It is easy to learn WordPress and easy to maintain a blog. That’s why I highly recommend using WordPress getting started your blog.
In this post, I’ll learn you how to make your first WordPress blog with a free theme.
2. Get a cheap and good web hosting:
There are millions of hosting company in the world. But they all are not good in service, web space, bandwidth. I recommend Bluehost that is the best hosting company in the world. They provide different kinds of hosting plan like shared hosting, Cloud hosting, VPS hosting and Dedicated hosting.
We need a shared hosting to create our site. Blue Host provides 24/7 support, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited web space in a cheap budget.
The blue host also provides free SSL certificate and a free domain for the first year. They provide $200 marketing credit.
- Getting your hosting plan click here and go to Bluehost home page.
- Click Get Started Now button and go to the hosting plan page.
- Select a plan and go to a sign-up form.
To register a domain name type your chosen domain name and choose a popular extension like .com, .org or .net. I recommend .com extension. To choose a good domain name read out my post “How to Choose the Best Domain Name for your Blog Site?”
- Enter your domain name and click next button.
- Fill out this field with your own information. Give your original information you stay there.
- Choose this field to decide for how many months do you want to get for it.
- Check out these three fields. I don’t think you need it for your blog. It’s for a business site like e-commerce.
- After completing all the field check the field and click on submit button.
- It takes 12hours to 24hours to send you a mail from the hosting company with a hosting control panel information.
3. Enter into your control panel and install WordPress:
To enter your
Fill username and password field with your username which gave you your hosting company. Then click the login button go to your control panel.
- It’s your Bluehost control panel. Here click just WordPress icon. If you don’t find WordPress search WordPress in the search bar.
- To get next window just click continue installation and go to the next window.
- Here you have nothing to fill out.
- First, select your domain name here left.
- Don’t fill out Directory keep it completely empty.
- Nothing to do here rest.
- The two checkbox is not important. It’s just a plugin. If you check this field with WordPress It also will be installed. If you don’t check and If you need the plugin you will be able to install later.
- Click the next button to go next window.
This window is very important. Entering information here, you’ll need it login your WordPress Blog/website.
- First one is your site name. You can change it later or instead of it, you can use a logo for your site identity.
- Entering the e-mail is very important to you. WordPress will send you all information through it. If you forget your password you can be reset by the e-mail.
- Choose your username ” you can choose anything like
sportloveror yourname“. When you log in WordPress you will have needed it. It’s your WordPress login username.
- When you’ll choose a password type Capital letter, small letter, hyphen, number etc. to strengthen your password. If your password will be less strong, It may hack by a hacker.
- Then click the next button.
- Note: This username and password is your WordPress login password.
- Wait for just a few seconds or minutes.
- It takes a little time to install WordPress finally.
4. Login your WordPress account and introduce to WordPress:
- Go to your browser and type “yourdomain.com/wp-admin“.
- The first time you will see the page with a login button.
- After that, you’ll see the window like below.
- Enter your username and password that you chose installing WordPress.
- If you want to save the password for your computer so that you’ll enter your WordPress control panel directly, tick the checkbox “remember me”.
- Click the login button to go to your WordPress control panel.
- It’s your blog/website’s backend.
- You’ll control your blog/website here.
- All kind of post, edit, set-up are done here.
- It’s only for you and your assistance. A visitor can’t see it at all.
- It’s your blog/website’s frontend where you see your blog/website look like.
- All visitor will see only this part.
Look at a glance to the WordPress backend. There are some options to manage or control your blog/website. I’ll introduce you the options and their uses.
So don’t waste your time let’s learn about it.
There are two options in the dashboard. They are,
There is a screen option at the top-right corner.
In the screen option, there are six checkboxes (At a Glance, Activity,, WordPress Events and News, Welcome and New Editor).
- Welcome to WordPress:
It’s a short option/window to customize your site/blog, Homepage set-up, Adding pages, posts, Widgets, Menu
- At a Glance:
In this section, you’ll see your installed theme name, number of post, page, and comment.
- Quick Draft:
Nobody can publish a good post a single hour or a single day. If you write a few lines of a post and take a break, you can save it in the draft and next time start it from there.
Activity option shows you recently published post and comment. There are more options like all, pending, approved, spam and trash. you can control these options from setting panel.
WordPress publish their all news here. If WordPress publish their new version, new addition or feature, they show these here.
WordPress send their software update here so that user can easily update their software at a glance.
There are four options in the post option.
1. All post:
You can see you all published post in the option.
2. Add new:
If you can write a new post, click adds a new option and get the window.
To write a post, write a good title at the top. and use the window like a Microsoft word document.
To create a new category, use the option.
To create a new tag select the tag option.
There are to options in the media panel.
You’ll see your all images, videos, audios, document here.
2. Add new:
To click add new, you’ll find an upload or drag and drop option. From there you can upload any images, videos, audios, document.
To see all of your published pages, click all pages and add a new post click add a new option.
To see all the visitors comment, click comment option.
You’ll be able to delete, approve comments in this section.
This is the most important panel to give a good looking of your blog/website. There are many important options in the panel.
To add a new theme, upload a premium theme, install a new theme and active the theme, you will use the theme option.
To customize your theme, you’ll use the customize option. There are different setting options for different themes.
All themes are not the same. They differ in style, feature or more advantages, and their setting panel is different for that.
Widgets are simply style options. You can change your blog/website’s looking, use different widgets.
If you want to add an image feature, advertisement feature, gallery feature and so on, use the panel.
To create a menu, change/edit the menu use the option.
It’s a setting panel of the theme’s header section. You don’t need the option because It’s a part of your theme’s customize option.
If you don’t know any coding or program, This option is not for you. It is the themes editor option which you can use to change the theme of your own choice. It is good to avoid this option.
A plugin is an additional software to add any feature to your blog/website. There are millions of free and premium plugin in WordPress.org and much digital product selling marketplace like Theme Forest.
There are three options in the plugins option.
1. Installed Plugins:
You can see your installed plugin, active plugin, deactivate a plugin in the option.
2. Add New:
To add a new plugin, install a plugin, activate a plugin, you can use this option.
If you don’t know any coding or program, This option is not for you. It is the plugin editor option which you can use to change the plugin code. It is good to avoid this option
In this option, you can see all users name, e-mail address, and their role.
There are 5 roles in WordPress users. They are,
On a daily WordPress install, Administrator is that the most powerful user role. An administrator will add new posts, edit any posts by any users on the positioning, and even delete those posts.
They can install, edit, and delete plugins yet as themes. most significantly AN administrator user will add new users to the positioning, modification data concerning existing users as well as their passwords yet as delete any user (yes alternative directors too).
This role is largely reserved for web site} house owners and offers you the total management of your WordPress site. If you’re running a multi-user WordPress website, then you wish to be terribly careful World Health Organization you assign AN administrator user role.
Users with the editor role in WordPress have full management on the content sections your web site. they’ll add, edit, publish, and delete any posts on a WordPress website as well as those written by others.
Editors don’t have access to alter your website settings, install plugins and themes, or add new users.
As the name suggests, users with the author role will write, edit, and publish their own posts. they will additionally delete their own posts, albeit they’re revealed.
When writing posts, authors cannot produce classes but they will choose between existing classes.
Contributors will add new posts and edit their own posts, however, they can not publish any posts not even their own. once writing posts they will not produce new classes and can have to be compelled to choose between existing classes. However, they will add tags to their posts.
A contributor role is that they can not transfer files (meaning they can’t add pictures on their own article).
A subscriber user role will log in to your WordPress website and update their user profiles. they’ll amendment their passwords if they need to. they can’t write posts, read comments, or do the rest within your WordPress admin space.
This user role is especially helpful if you need users to log in before they’ll scan a post or leave a comment.
If you relive at the tools change posture menu, then you may see the Import and Export tabs straight off at a lower place the offered Tools tab.
These import and export tools permit WordPress to import and export information to and from different content management systems. The import tool contains scripts to import information from different Content Management Systems into WordPress. If you’ve got an internet site on Blogger, Movable kind, or maybe another WordPress website then you’ll be able to install any of the scripts that you simply want on this page. These scripts can permit you to import your content from no matter content management system you such as. As was mentioned earlier, the opposite script you may notice on this page is that the classes to tags converter script.
You can change any setting using the WordPress setting option.
There are seven setting sections in this option. They are,
The General settings put together your basic website preferences like the positioning Title and gag line, the WordPress Address and website Address, the directors’ email address and also the date and time format, among alternative things.
The Writing settings put together numerous choices with regards to your website content.
The Reading settings assemble however your website is viewed. you’ll outline whether or not your front page displays a static Page or your web/blog Posts, what percentage web/blog posts area unit displayed by default additionally as Syndication/RSS choices. If you assemble your website to show a static front page, you’ll set that page to show and conjointly that page can show your weblog posts.
The Discussion settings outline however your readers act along with your blog/website and the way your site interacts with alternative blogs. you’ll be able to piece Pingbacks and Trackbacks, whether or not readers will post Comments or not, those Comments are tempered and displayed on your website.
The Media settings outline the default image sizes that square measure created once a picture is uploaded.
You can conjointly tack whether or not your transferred media files square measure
The Permalink settings alter you to piece the uniform resource locator format that’s displayed within the application once somebody browses your website.
WordPress can default your Permalinks to the Day and name format but you’ll be able to amendment this so the uniform resource locator is a lot of user-friendly. This conjointly helps significantly with program optimization (SEO). to vary the approach your website uniform resource locator is displayed merely choose one among the radio button choices inside the Common Settings section on this screen. Next to every possibility is Associate in Nursing example of however the uniform resource locator would be displayed.
To add a privacy page, you can use the option.
You also can do it
If the post is really helpful to you, Share it on social media so that your friends can get the opportunity to read it.
Thanks a lot.
Owner & Administrator
NUSRAT BLOG ACADEMY